Frequently Asked Questions:
- What dates/time are tryouts? Official schedules are posted under “Practice” tab. Typically, tryouts are held Mondays - Thursdays from 6:30PM - 8:30PM. You must be on time, everyday. If you are not present by 6:30PM, you will be asked to leave.
- Do I need to attend tryouts to join? Yes! Tryouts are REQUIRED to be considered for a spot on the team.
- Can I use the gym facilities and equipment if I am not a member? No. There are no open gym hours and unsupervised gym access is prohibited. You must be a member in order to use the training space during specified training hours.
- Do I need experience in order to join the club? We accept UC Berkeley undergraduate and graduate students of all experience levels. We train club members for competitive collegiate amateur boxing.
- How much does the club cost to join? Club semester dues are $150 and USA Boxing membership is $70 for the calendar year. Both fees are required in order to participate in any boxing club practice or activity.
- Do I need to purchase my own gear? Everyone needs to purchase their own mouthpiece and 180 inch hand wraps. We ask students to buy their own equipment for regular training. Boxing gloves, headgear, and protective belt/cup are available in the gym for occasional use.
- Where do we practice? RSF basement in in racquetball courts 16 and 17. Regular practices are Mondays - Thursdays, from 6:30PM - 8:30PM.